Josephine Cochrane was the inventor of the dishwasher in 1886. Her maid used to break her fine china utensils while hand washing them so she developed a rack with a water jet system which was later known as dishwasher.
A basic dishwasher is composed of following parts:
· Control Mechanism: The timer in this case determines the length of the cycle.
· Intake Valve makes sure that the water from home supply enters the dishwasher unit.
· Pump: Pump can be of reversible or direct drive type. It is responsible for pumping the water in the system and draining it out again.
Whirlpool dishwasher parts
Whirlpool is well known for kitchen appliances. Their product ranges from refrigerators to washing machine and so on.
Following are the Whirlpool dishwasher parts
1. Cutlery Baskets: As the name suggests that it is basket to hold the utensils for washing.
2. Dispensers: Is the part where the dishwasher tablet is placed (which acts as detergent). When the machine turns on the tablets drops in hot water and uses it to clean the utensils.
3. Door Locks: These are used to lock the doors when the machine is working or cleaning the utensils.
4. Hoses: Hoses are used to supply water wherever needed.
5. Pumps: It is an electric pump which pumps the water upside through side walls. After the dishes are washed, they also remove water from the unit.
6. Thermostats: This makes sure that the water at the bottom of the system is heated to 30-60 deg C.
Although dishwashers are not that mechanically complex but they have to be handled carefully. The Whirlpool dishwasher parts could be bought directly from Whirlpool or they can be bought from local dealers i.e. shops in the vicinity or they can be bought through internet as there are many websites and online stores.
Published in: Consumer Information